Tuesday, November 30, 2010

my not so new hobby ** cross stiching **

as far as i can remember, flea market is one good family outing that my family enjoyed.
be it car boot sale ceruk hulu mana, or a flea market that have a stadium size (shah alam)..we will go.
a sucker for vintage, pre-used merchandise.

yesterday trip was nonetheless an exciting outing, but quite hectic and tiring when angel 1 kept bugging for a new toy and angel 2 want to sleep badly...ekkk! wrong timing baby!
my mum purchased a very lovely rose printed home made new dress for angel 2 and a vintage (new made) Volkswagen 1967 model car for angel 1.
both happy, but im not that happy since mum loves to splurge on cucus, and that makes them manja!

but of course they behaved and made our outing much breather.
mum bought her pantang tengok barang antik vintage teapot and few of hers.
to my surprise, there is one booth selling cross stich patterns/charts.
uuuuuwwww...
i never realized about her booth before.duuh!!eyes rolling!

i never bragged about my passion for cross stich, 
well..i dont think people wanted to know what i did to pass my time eh kertas putih?
or people would not believe that i like to that actually
i did some cross stitch back then,well...maybe before angel 1 came.
i cross stiched :

1. my own name on the carry bag (ETR class project and hubby used it as recycle bag)
2. a vintage car model forgotten for my mum
3. word of BISMILLAHHIRRAHMA NIRRAHIM for my parent in law's house
4. unfinished flower in the vase pattern,(i stopped when i conceive angel 1,i was nausea ALL THE TIME)

back to the booth,hehe,
there were so many many many charts using DMC, the owner is selling quite reasonable price for the photocopied charts (but didn't she worries about copyright issue? humm..)
since myself has a few collections, i could not resist myself to have a peek and i landed on one cute alphabets with cute birdie images chart. 
i took!
well, mum has LOTS of DMC thread, maybe i can kecek hers (come, evil laugh with me!hehe!)
i bought for RM5/chart.ok la tu.

i think i am going to continue my long forgotten hobby, which is cross stiching and sewing.
i might be striving mad since my mum said keras tangan.
it is a challenge for me (the sewing part not cross stitch)

No comments: